Gum recession breakthrough treatment also known as Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™ and Lunchtime Gum Lift™
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST®), invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S., is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for treating gum recession.
This procedure is performed by making a small hole with a needle in the gum tissue. Using specially designed instruments, the gum tissue is loosened and guided over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no incision or suturing, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Most patients also are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
Dr de Waal may be contacted by Email if necessary EMail: [email protected]
Before & After Gallery
Frequently Asked Questions
- Less Discomfort for the patient after treatment.
- Faster recovery for the patient than traditional grafting.
- No need for uncomfortable sutures.
- No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools.
- No need to take donor tissue from the patients palate.
- Excellent, natural-looking, long-lasting results.
Meet Dr. Hendrik de Waal
Certified Pinhole Surgical Technique Dorset UK
Dr. de Waal was born in 1955 in Zimbabwe. He graduated from the University of Pretoria School of Dental Medicine in 1978 with a B.Ch.D. Degree. After practising in the U.K. from 1979-1984, he completed his 3-year speciality training in Periodontics at Boston University School of Graduate Dentistry, U.S.A. in 1987. Dr. de Waal has been in specialist-periodontics private practice since 1987, but also held visiting-professor posts in the Periodontics Departments of both Pretoria and Boston universities. He lectures nationally and internationally and has published numerous articles on current topics of interest in clinical periodontics. Dr. de Waal is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and is registered as a SPECIALIST IN PERIODONTICS in the U.K., U.S.A. and Germany.
Dr. de Waal is married and has two daughters. His hobbies include: he holds a Private Pilots licence, has a Class 3 British Subaqua Club divers licence, has his Professional Trucker CDL-A, USA licence and is a keen golfer.
- B.Ch.D (Pretoria), 1978
- M.Sc.D. Periodontology (Boston, USA), 1987
- Diplomate American Board of Periodontology, 1996
- Registered SPECIALIST IN PERIODONTICS (UK; USA; Germany)
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology
- British Dental Association
- South African Dental Association
- German Society of Periodontology
- Chao Pinhole Academy